Edit the Roles of a User
Here is how the security date is organized:
- A user is granted a role.
- A role contains a permission set.
- A permission set contains permissions.
- A permission is composed of technical actions.
A role contains one permission set. It can be granted to N users or N user groups. If it is a shared role, it will contain one permission set for each application.
There are four types of roles:
To modify the roles of the user, follow the following steps:
- You will be allowed to modify the details only if you have been assigned the privilege. Refer special roles section for more details on privilege
- Below steps allows you to assign particular Role to Multiple Users.
- You will not be able to revoke Role of a multiple users from here. You have to revoke the Roles from users one by one.
- Select a Repository > Users from the Left Navigation Panel. All the users will be displayed in the Grid in Right Panel.
- Select the user by clicking on the Check Box placed besides the Name of the User (A).
- You can also select user after filtering the list of users by using the filter option. Click here to know more about filter option.
- Note: The options at the bottom of the screen will be active only if at least one user is selected in the grid.
Note: You can select either single/multiple users by selecting multiple check boxes. Hence you can assign a particular role to multiple users at a time.
Click on “Edit roles” (B) , you will get 2 options as shown in below:
- Grant Role
- Revoke Role
- As soon as you select the option “Grant Role”, you are provided with the screen as shown below
Please note: The roles which are assigned to all the selected users will be disabled and cannot be selected in above screen
- Select a Role (C). Only one role can be selected at a time using above screen. As you select role, “OK” will be enabled.
- Click “OK” to assign the role or click “Cancel” to discard the changes. The selected Role will be assigned to all the selected users.
- As soon as you select the option “Revoke Role”, you are provided with the screen as shown below
Please note: The roles which are not assigned to any of the selected users, will be disabled and cannot be selected in above screen
- Select a Role. Only one role can be selected at a time using above screen. As you select role, “OK” will be enabled.
- Click “OK” to revoke the role or click “Cancel” to discard the changes. The selected Role will be revoked for all the selected users.
- Creating Visual Guard User Account
- Modifying Visual Guard User Account
- Lock/Unlock single or multiple users
- Approve/Unapprove single or multiple users
- Deleting Visual Guard User Account
- Grant roles to multiple users
- Filter and Select User