How use Visual-Guard API ?
- Visual Guard for .Net allows you to secure your .Net application, it will help
you to add authentication and authorization features in your application.
- This documentation helps you to learn how to integrate Visual Guard in you application
and describes all classes delivered with Visual Guard assemblies.
Before You Begin
- If you want to store your Visual Guard repository in database (Oracle, SQLServer)
make sure you have read Storing a repository in a database.
- If you want to integrate Visual Guard in a WinForm application, see
How to integrate Visual Guard to your WinForm application.
- If you want to integrate Visual Guard in an ASP.Net 2.0 application, see
How to integrate Visual Guard to your WebForm 2.0 application.
- If you want to integrate Visual Guard in a WCF application, see
How to integrate Visual Guard to your WCF application.
- If you want to understand how Visual Guard secures the object of your applications,
see How Visual Guard secures an application
- If you want to understand how to apply security in your application, see
How to apply security in your application.
- If you want to understand how to deploy a repository, see
How to deploy a repository.
- You can also examine the sample project sources installed with Visual Guard.
How to use VisualGuard API?
|You must add ‘Novalys.VisualGuard.Security.dll’ and VisualGuard configuration files in your project to perform any Visual Guard API operation.|
|User must have enough rights for executing Visual Guard operations via API.
Example: To update a user, user must have the “CanUpdateUser” permission.
Basic methodology to use VisualGuard API.
- Common Format to perform any VisualGuard operation on any entity.VGSecurityManager.Runtime.<Entity>.<Action>Here, <Entity> can be –
- Example. If you want to create new Role.VGSecurityManager.Runtime.<Entity>.<Action>Here, Entity = ‘Role’ and Action = ‘CreateNewRole’VGSecurityManager.Runtime.Roles.CreateNewRole(“NewRole”);
How to manage PermissionSet & Permissions ?
PermissionSets/Permissions operations Create/Update/Delete permissionset Get permissionsets from storage