Connection String displays the server address of the database that contains the repository.
To modify the Connection String , follow the steps below:
- Select the Repository > Application > Generate Visual Guard Configuration Files menu.
- The details of the associated Configuration Files will be displayed as shown below:
- Click on the ConnectionString option in the screen (A), “…” will appear at the end.
- Click “…” , Edit Connection screen will appear as shown below:
- The screen contain many fields which can be modified for configuring the connection. But, there are some key fields like:
|User ID||This option displays the name of the Database user that is used while connecting to the data source.|
|Password||This option displays the password that is used while connecting to the data source.Note: The password will be in the encrypted form.|
|Initial Catalog||This option displays the name of the Database connected with the repository.|
|Data Source||This option displays the name or the IP address of the Database server with which the connection is to be made.|