Add an Existing Repository (VG Server)
Please Note: Deleting a repository from the list means it will not appear anymore in the Winconsole. This is different from the option “remove repository” which allows you to totally erase a repository from your system.
This section shows how to add a repository in the preview through VG Server, previously created and deleted from the list.
Please Note: For adding existing repository through Visual Guard Server, Visual Guard service must be configured in private mode only.
- Access the VG Win Console application using the path Start > All Programs > Novalys > Visual Guard > Visual Guard Console
- The VG Win console will open as shown below.
- Access the Add Repository option using one of the options below:
- Select Add repository option from Action Menu. (A)
- Right click on the ‘Visual Guard Console’ in the Left Navigation Panel and select Add repository option from the Popup Menu. (B)
- .Click “Add repository…” .(C)
- Select Add repository option from File Menu
- The Repository Creation Wizard screen will be displayed as shown below:
- The wizard will automatically walk you through the repository creation.
- Click “Next >” to access the Next screen.
- Select the highlighted option (A) from the screen to create a repository using an existing repository.
- Click “Next >” to select repository type.
- Select option (A) from the screen to create a repository through Visual Guard Server.
- Click “Next >” to provide the URL of the Repository under which the existing repository exists; the Repository Location Selection screen will be displayed.
- Specify the server location in the option (A).
Please Note: You can provide the URL with both TCP or HTTP service.
Visual Guard Server URL with TCP Service:
Visual Guard Server URL with HTTP Service:
- Click “Finish” to complete the Repository Creation Process.
- Visual Guard will automatically use the Repository Name used last to create the repository.
- You can rename the repository on the Visual Guard Console once the creation process is complete.
- The Repository will be displayed in the Left Navigation Panel as well as the Main Section on the Visual Guard Console.
- To access the repository, click on option (A).
- The following screen will open and allow you to authenticate and access the repository.
- Select the Authentication Mode and specify the username and password.
- The following repository related details will be displayed in the main area.
- Selecting Existing SQL Repository
- Selecting Existing File Repository
- Selecting Existing oracle Repository