Create a Custom User
Visual Guard allows you to create Custom User accounts.
Note: You will be allowed to create the user accounts only if you have the privilege for it.
In the below example, Facebook2 is a custom module added to the system. Here we will be creating a custom user for the Facebook2 module.
Follow the steps below to create a User for the Custom Identity Module:
- Login to the Repository under which user account(s) is to be created.
- Access the Add New Custom User feature using one of the options below:
- Right click on the Repository Name provided on the Left Navigation Panel and select Add Facebook2 User Context Menu (A).
- Right click on the Repository > Users menu provided on the Left Navigation Panel and select Add Facebook2 User (B).
- Select the Repository from Left Navigation Panel and select the Add Facebook2 User from Actions (C).
- The Create Custom User screen will be displayed as shown below:
- Note: The layout of this screen will change depending on the type of module.
- To create new user account you have to provide following details:
|User Address||Enter a unique Email Address|
This id will allow the user to login to the repository and access the application.
Note: This is a mandatory field.
|Role Assignment:||This section displays the list of available and assigned roles. You can grant or revoke the roles using this section.|
|List of Roles||This section displays the list of available roles|
|Current Roles||This section displays the list of roles that have been already assigned to the new user.|
|Display ‘Membership’ roles||This option allows user to displays the membership access level to membership API for the application.|
The user can be assigned Unrestricted, Membership Members Only only or Add Members role only.
- For example to create user, specify details as displayed below:
- After specifying above details click “OK” to Save the user details.
- Click “Cancel” if you do not want to create the user.
- The new user account (D) will be displayed in the Grid on Right side.
Leave a Comment