Add an Existing Repository (SQL Server).
Please Note: Deleting a repository from the list means it will not appear anymore in the Winconsole. This is different from the option “remove repository” which allows you to totally erase a repository from your system.
This section shows how to add in the preview an SQL repository, previously created and deleted from the list.
- Access the VG Win Console application using the path Start > All Programs > Novalys > Visual Guard > Visual Guard Console
- The VG Win console will open as shown below.
- Access the Add Repository option using one of the options below:
- Select Add repository option from File Menu (A).
- Right click on the ‘Visual Guard Console’ in the Left Navigation Panel and select Add repository option from the Popup Menu. (B)
- Click “Add repository…” (C)
- The Repository Creation Wizard screen will be displayed as shown below:
- The wizard will automatically walk you through the repository creation.
- Click “Next >” to access the Next screen.
- Select the highlighted option (A) from the screen to create a repository using an existing repository.
- Click “Next >” to select repository type.
- Select option (A) from the screen to create a SQL Server Repository.
- Click “Next >” to specify the SQL Server name as well as the username and password required to access the repository; the following screen will be displayed.
- Specify the server location in the option (A). You can specify either the IP Address or the Server Name This server contains the objects of the database necessary to store the Visual Guard repository.
- Select the Authentication Mode (B).
- Two types of authentication modes are available namely SQL Server Mode and Windows Authentication Mode (B)
- You can use either authentication types. Specify the username and password that will be used to connect to the server.
- Select the database where this repository is to be created by using option (A).
- The database will be same where the existing repository is stored.
- The Authentication Mode selected for the existing repository will automatically be used for the new repository.
- Click “Finish” to complete the Repository Creation Process.
- Visual Guard will automatically use the Repository Name used last to create the repository.
- You can rename the repository on the Visual Guard Console once the creation process is complete.
- The Repository will be displayed in the Left Navigation Panel as well as the Main Section on the Visual Guard Console.
- To access the repository, click on option (A).
- The following screen will open and allow you to authenticate and access the repository.
- Select the Authentication Mode and specify the username and password.
- The following repository related details will be displayed in the main area.